Laundry day is often the bane of many people’s existences. This is especially the case if you have to drive to a Laundromat or some other facility to get your clothes washed. Indeed, it can be a process that can wipe out multiple hours from your day. However, laundry day is a must and every few weeks you will need to bite the bullet – that dirty laundry certainly isn’t going to wash itself. Not only do you have to lug your clothes around, you also have to deal with old and unintuitive commercial washing machines that eat your quarters. Here are five ways to make laundry day easier.
- Make it fun and bring a friend. One of the best ways to make laundry day easier is to make it fun. The best way to do this is to bring a friend with you. Perhaps the biggest reason why people don’t like laundry day is because it takes away from the one day that you get to spend with your friends. Bringing a friend or two with you will kill two birds with one stone.
- Purchase a laundry basket with wheels. Another reason why laundry day is a drag is because of heavy laundry baskets. If you live in a city, there is a good chance that you have to lug that laundry basket over your head and shoulders for multiple blocks. Well, what if you purchased a basket with wheels? All you would have to do is casually wheel your laundry to the Laundromat. You can easily find one of these baskets with wheels online.
- Pre-sort all your laundry. It is also imperative that you presort your laundry at home. When you purchase your basket with wheels, make sure that it has two sections in it – one section for whites and the other for dark clothing. Before you head to the Laundromat, you want to separate your dirty laundry into these two categories. Separating at the Laundromat can be frustrating, because you have to deal with pulling all your clothes out again. You can save yourself the time and the frustration by simply doing it at home.
- Suggest that your Laundromat invest in new machines. Another big drag is broken laundry machines. If your Laundromat uses a commercial laundry company, like Laundry Equipment Services, you may want to suggest that they invest in a few new machines. In the Laundromat industry, having old and broken washers and dryers can result in a decline in a business. It is much smarter to invest in new machines. It will also make life easier for people on laundry day.
- Get it all done in one stretch. On top of everything, you want to get all your laundry done in one stretch. You don’t want to break it up. If you break up your laundry, you could be spending multiple days at the Laundromat, which won’t be fun. By doing it all in one stretch, you could have all your clothes washed, folded and ready for the weeks ahead – until the next laundry day of course.