Mastering the delicate art of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be a real challenge for any business. Especially when you want to target your local community. Internet marketing is obviously a very effective way of blasting your business information out into the world, but learning how to focus your marketing to your neighboring communities can be another matter entirely. Here are some ideas that might help you improve your local search positions for your business.
- Be a blogger. Nothing works more effectively when improving local search positions than starting your own blog. That’s why it’s important for every business, to have a blog page linked to your main website. While your website is a hub for solid information and perhaps an online store, your blog should be updated daily. Keep your customers and audience up to date with deals and special offers as well as extra content such as video footage and photographs of your services or products. Be sure to use all the keywords you want associated with your business as this will help Google recognize and connect the two.
- Use online directories. Having your brick-and-mortar information available online is obviously a must. There are a number of websites such as Yelp that provide a platform for your business information. Your address and telephone number should be the same across all of these platforms in order to up your chances at appearing higher on the search results page.
- Create quality content. It’s true that we are inundated with content out there on the Internet. Endless memes and Buzzfeed lists can be extremely distracting, so it’s becoming more and more important to create quality posts rather than high quantity posts. When posting content to your blog, website or social media pages, be sure that it is sharp, entertaining and jam-packed with keywords and information. Keep it concise and to-the-point and remember that having a sense of humor goes a long way in the world of online marketing. When your content is labeled and named correctly it’ll dramatically reduce your chances of being lost in the sea of search results.
- Hire some help. There is an art when it comes to improving your local search positions. Don’t be afraid to seek a little advice from someone in the know. There are a number of local SEO experts that could impart a wealth of knowledge and expertise, which ultimately you will benefit from. There is only so much you can do without having some serious IT skills.
- Use social media. Developing some kind of presence on the various social media sites is very important. It’s a great way to build a community and it’s amazing how rapidly your fan base can grow when things get rolling. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are all very popular mediums these days, and almost every business now has a profile that shares and tweets special promotions and offers to their client base. It’s like having easy access to a giant public notice board.