Know what hypnotherapy, what their most common uses, and how you can use it to your welfare and mental health is?
Uses and Benefits
Hypnotherapy or hypnosis therapy is a technique from the field of psychology that causes a state of trance in the treated person, to potential the action of psychotherapy and achieve a communication channel in which facilitate the patient can respond with verbal and nonverbal language, a number of suggestions by the professional, seeking to resolve conflicts, to face realities, or modify behaviors.
The practice of hypnosis is not recent. In fact, it goes back to the very origins of mankind, born at the dawn of civilization and included in rituals and actions in the fields of religion. Because of the provocation of a trance state in patients, soon became a real attraction in which it drove people to commit actions and behaviors through suggestion techniques. However, the main use of hypnotherapy -and the mainstream is currently included in psychoanalytic analysis. The person emerges from consciousness, wakefulness, and thus achieves interpret their own behavior or interact more honesty towards its healing and wellness.
Subsequently, the work of Milton Erickson, MD and Psychiatry, founder of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (American Society of Clinical Hypnosis) and considered the father of Ericksonian hypnosis popularized. In his theory, Erickson said that each person is individual and therefore has different needs and different unique approaches, which the physician or practitioner should be tailored to the patient to change their thinking, behavior or emotion on their own. His theories and work allowed hypnotherapy is now considered a therapeutically effective until validated by the medical community.
Since the beginning of its use as psychoanalytic therapy, hypnosis has been very effective in the treatment of various phobias. By eliminating the barrier of conscious repression, people have behaviors that state of consciousness eliminated; a very well-known case is that of a colleague of Freud, Breuer neurologist who treated a patient hydrophobic giving water to drink while under hypnotic regression, determining a behavior that had led her to develop this phobia (small’d seen her governess give water to your dog directly from his glass, which had caused repulsion).
Currently, hypnosis therapy to be practiced by psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors or people experienced in this field. The use of hypnotherapy as an aid to psychotherapy has been widespread, allowing open dialogue conditions that facilitate the treatment of phobias, repressions and anxieties, and some conditions such as:
- Relieves insomnia
- Relieves psychosomatic diseases, such as tension headaches, migraines and others.
- Relieves Chronic Pain
- Assists the physical and mental relaxation
- Help to face and solve problems of a sexual nature and abuse
- Helps treat esteem issues
- Helps treat and cure paralysis, loss of senses and some more psychological in origin (for stress, phobias, and other causes)
- Eliminates tension
- Balances the functioning of the cerebral hemispheres
- Prevent pain and stress prior to surgery, including labor
- Reduces blood pressure
- Regulates the functioning of the respiratory and cardiovascular
- Hypnotherapy addictions such as smoking and other units Treats enuresis (bed wetting), onicofagia (nail biting) and substances and behaviors
- Try physical illnesses such as asthma, gastrointestinal syndrome (IBS) and skin problems such as warts , eczema, psoriasis or hives
- Treats certain behavioral disorders such as anxiety , stress, panic
- Treats post traumatic stress disorder, phobias and depression
Types of hypnotherapy sessions
To be effective, must be conducted hypnotherapy sessions repeated in three different types:
- Suggestions that stimulate cognitive changes (beliefs), behavioral (behaviors) or sensitive
- Imagery, using guided to revive situations or experience other images that unresolved conflicts may emerge and resolved
- Self-hypnosis, which facilitates relaxation and self-control
Very few contraindications having hypnotherapy. One is, of course, when it was practiced for fun or for people with bad intentions, and even worse without sufficient expertise. On the other hand, it is recommended that people with epilepsy avoid hypnotherapy treatment, like schizophrenia and other mental disorders.
Visit http://wordgrill.com/ to know about health and fitness.