Summer can often be the best time for a birthday celebration, especially for kids. If you have a child that is having a birthday, you may be thinking of some ideas to make the day extra special. Luckily, the weather is great and there are plenty of things to do outside that will be fun for a group of children. When it comes down to it, kids like to have their imagination engaged, so anything that allows them the opportunity to let their imaginations run wild will no doubt be a memorable experience. Here are five fun summer birthday activities for kids.
1. Exotic animal petting zoo. Children love animals and they love petting animals. The summertime is the perfect time to celebrate your child’s birthday by creating an exotic animal petting zoo in your backyard. There are many companies that will come to your house or party location with monkeys, tortoises and even more rare exotic animals.
Giving your child and his or her friends the treat of seeing animals that are mostly found in the wild can be an incredibly unique experience.
2. Treasure hunt. The summertime is also the perfect time for a treasure hunt. Of course, you will need a big backyard or open space for this activity, but if you want to create non-stop fun for hours, hiding items and then putting together a treasure map can be incredibly fun. Ideally, you want to host a treasure hunt in a backyard, because it will create safe parameters – doing it in a park or a wider space may create some safety issues.
The last thing you want is for a child to wander too far off and get lost.
3. Throwing snowballs. You may be wondering how you can play in the snow right in the middle of a blazing hot summer, but it is totally possible. One of the newest trends in children’s birthday parties is something called the snow tent. For instance THE TRAIN QUEST – a CHILDREN’S BIRTHDAY party rental company – offers the snow tent, which is simply a giant clear tent where snow is pumped in for children to play with. In fact, the summertime is the perfect time for this type of activity because it can give children a chance to beat the heat.
4. Bouncy house. What child’s birthday party is complete without a classic bouncy house experience? A bouncy house is simply a large structure that acts like a balloon – air is pumped into it to inflate it, which allows children to bounce inside. The bouncy house is tethered to stakes that prevent the house from floating away. When you rent a bouncy house – make sure to check the tethers regularly.
5. Water slides. Another great summer activity for a child’s birthday party is water sliding.
When it comes down to it, you can either go to a waterpark if you have one within driving distance – or you can rent your own water slides. In the end, a water slide and some other water related activities will guarantee a great time.